Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Part-I The window which never opened

I have a window in my bedroom. Just parallel to my computer table. Just aside the bed. Just above the cupboards. Its three window panes combined to one. Its huge! Skeleton-ed with brown wood, draped with yellow curtains, it stands tall there. No body can move it. I wake up daily as it deluge my soul with everlasting beams of sunlight and never ending hopes for new day.
In summers, it shimmers with gleaming yellow light right from the morning to evening. In winters, it protects me from jack frost. In autumn, it shields me from witnessing the withering surroundings. And in spring, it gives bench to beautiful butterflies, of whose I can see the shadows. But, yet, it lies there. Unopened. Unvarnished. Covered with dust. The glasses are not that transparent now, the dirt of what-lies-outside has made it a bit opaque. Yet not opaque enough to not bestow me with sunshine.
But, I never opened it. Never witnessed the world that lays outside it. The heavenly skies or the underworld grounds? I dont know. Maybe cos am scared. Scared to face the ultimate delusions of world. Or maybe to realize the nature is jeopardized of hopes. I just never took the courage.
Should I open it and take the risk? They say the window gives a sight of world tour of happiness and love. A few say it only gives tears of pain and screams. Am scared to think of which should I give an ear. What if I open the window and the world is not what I expected it to be? Is it worth taking the risk? The questions endlessly take revolutions around my head's orbit as I glare at my bedroom window.

Hang on till the next part arrives after two days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment