Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Friday, May 31, 2013

Goodbye My lover, Goodbye My friend

-of mistakes, of pain, of agony

Yesterday we shook our hands for the last time
All this while I had waited for a gesture from your side
And when it finally did;
It brought me serenity, peace & smile

Maybe the time has come
when I see everything in black & white
The old photos bring you to me
the innocent smiles on our tired faces

The lilies have grown and faded
Spring had come and gone
But not has just spring indeed;
Many seasons have passed us by

The clock is tired of reminding me
that I should grow against the odds
Still I have been so resilient
That I'd never let it depart

Is it just me or you too?
Lest we make a change
And grow out of cowardliness
Without the convolutions

And so I let my fear go
Not only because the time asked me to
Well, cos I had to grow stronger
And let those gaps disappear

Not wondering how and when
Not thinking whether you'd accept it or not
The pale skin is about to fade; of mine
Ready to thrive!

When the wounds open, they often tend to heal

Photo Credits: Hardik Photography 

8 comments:

  1. I just hated the line "accept it as your farewell gift".It had torn me inside..better u would have said farewell to our mutual frictions.
    But reading this blog makes me feel so close to you right now that i m thankful to the moments that always bring us close together :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Vartika
      That moment, I didn't think of any outcomes and went off without any expectations. But it turned the other way round. Am glad it has appeared this way.
      And thanks for the comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. @Madhuresh

      Geez! you actually took out time to write and post comment! Am soo glad! Keep visiting! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. Resonance is what a reader seeks from an author. You give me that ...and perhaps to all your readers too. Keep penning Aavika!

    Nave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nave
      My words resonate? Really? Then I shall hope to keep going this way. And your comments also resonate with my writing :D Its a 'resonating cycle', you see :P
      Thank you thank you thank you for reading all this! and for superb comments too! :)
      I will keep writing, and you shall keep reading :D

      Delete
  4. feeling ..........................................................................

    ReplyDelete