Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Friday, July 26, 2013

Missed?


The air got thin
But I didnt say a word
The picture went all blurred
I waited if it'd settle down
And you say I wasn't there?

Slowly the smoke filled the place
Smoke of hatred
Smoke of pain
Smoke of tolerance
And you say I wasn't there?

The rumors went bad
I didn't give a damn
You kept making it worse
I struggled all within
And you say I wasn't there?

Time never takes a flair
Then you say life isn't fair
Something keeps going wrong
True, what goes up will come down
Does it mean I wasn't there?

Oh! your reminisces
Its just a matter of time
A temporary piece of time, I promise
Then you say I wasn't there?
But my heart conjures otherwise.

When there's nothing to look back and only letting go
“Well, now
If little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
Little by little
If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me
For I shall already have forgotten you

If you think it long and mad the wind of banners that passes through my life
And you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots
Remember
That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms
And my roots will set off to seek another land” 
― Pablo NerudaSelected Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment