Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Letters #OctPoWriMo 2013 day 16

I stand there
I have known you since
every ounce of you
which grows of you, within
I know about your dark sides
even they have brought me light
have I ever told you?
No, I just wrote it in the letter
letter that lay
in the book you gave

I stand there
down your hallway
which smells like you all across the stairs
I left you something at the door
you couldnt find it?
not your fault, i held it firm and returned
its a letter that lay
in the book you gave

I stand there
when you walked down the aisle
not with me, but with love of your life
I wish it was me, with you
Your hands in mine
But all I have
Are the letters held close
some more letters lay
in the book you gave

I stand there
Watching your kids grow & play
You wave a hand at me
our eyes coincide
but never meet
another decade will pass
our memories grow fade
but come at my home someday
you will find a lot of letters
which lay in the book you gave

I stand there
You look terrible and thin
I never knew how old you've been
To me, you are still the same
They say these are your last days
Fine! Tomorrow I will come
clinching letters tight
bring them out of the book
which you gave to me

I stand there
These are the letters dear
I have been writing since forever
It talks of the love I have felt
With each passing year
Yes, these are some hundreds
will take you some while
But I dont need anything in return
So I am leaving them here
Take your time

I stand here
Silently Kept those letters near him
He didnt make a sound
Along with those letters
I also returned him the book

That day
I moved forth his grave
the wind flew those letters away maybe
I never looked back


I wrote this poem long back but never shared it on blog or with anyone, for reasons I myself don't know. But am glad this has come out, thanks to OctPoWriMo.
Maybe I never did, but I wish to thank Nimue for this, for introducing me to OctPoWriMo basically. After each prompt I learn something new from co-bloggers, reading their's is a bliss and appreciation which am receiving is enormous. The best part is, Nimue hasn't just introduced me to this and left me wandering in this huge world. Rather she is with me, in form of comments on each and every single poem I have written. I don't think I ever had a person like her in my life, until recently. Its as if, not just putting seeds in the soil but also seeing the plant grow, daily. Thank you for being there. For being here! Am blessed to have you. This poem, a little dedication to Nimue. For a beautiful soul she is. 

12 comments:

  1. This my dear is a lovely dedication. I have my own set of emails like these that I never wrote or shared for a special some friend. And one day I hope I can meet that friend and share a few words .. This is not just a post , it is a life in itself ! Amazing poem dear .. and I am glad this saw light today ...

    This also reminded me of another incident from my life.

    Am overwhelmed that this beautiful post is a dedication to me !!
    I could not have asked for a better gift this week. A better gesture today when I am little lost !

    Love you. and more thanks for loving me. Wether I deserve or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote of the incident in my post today.
      Thank you for making me write that.

      Delete
    2. yes ! I love you soo much! this little dedication cannot suffice my love and fondness for you! Thank you for being here every time!
      And I read your poem too, am glad you wrote that piece. :) am glad!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Aavika. It brought on tears :'( Perhaps because I can relate to this. my heart is full of such letters that I want to post and then I think maybe not. But then someday this heart will be so heavy that those letters will post themselves and I'll be free.

    Well done Aavika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday di! definitely! am so happy you could relate to it!
      I wish you will let them go someday and be free :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful post Aavika. It brought on tears :'( Perhaps because I can relate to this. my heart is full of such letters that I want to post and then I think maybe not. But then someday this heart will be so heavy that those letters will post themselves and I'll be free.

    Well done Aavika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to thank you in previous comment! thank god you posted twice :P
      Thank you soo much di! for taking out time and making a hugeee comment like this! thank you soo soooo sooo much! you push me always! :)

      Delete
  5. PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT. Every word. Every Line, Every emotion. Everything about letters. How amazingly you have narrated a tale of a lifetime. This post cries of sadness. This post cries of farewell. This post cries of attachments that never happened. Yet there is a glowing happiness in reading this post. Take a Bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this comment and I was taken aback. Like I shut down this window and went into some other dimension. And today, I come back to my senses and am replying to your words.
      You haven't just written a comment and posted here. I could feel what you felt while writing, it did get transcended, aptly. Am out of the world reading this comment and re-reading it makes me feel nervous.
      I am just honored to have you to appreciate me, each time. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Amazing !!! You are an Angel...i am telling you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! You too are! we all are ^_^
      Thank you soooo much! soo much!

      Delete